Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's a Cold Day Here

Brad and I have not been up to much the past week! We did have our first doctor appointment on Monday the 19th. The baby was 1.48 cm, crazy how small that is!! It's heartbeat was 158 bpm which the doctor claimed made it a girl, but I guess we will find out soon enough. We got a few ultra sound pictures which didn't show much but a blurb, but we did get one 3D ultra sound picture and it is crazy how clear you can see the baby with arms, legs already. I will try to upload the pictures tomorrow. Our official due date is September 2nd, which seems so far away!! I feel great so far!! If I do feel sick it is at night, but as long as I eat a little something when I feel it coming on I am just fine. I do still have some cramping like menstrual cramps, but the doctor said that was totally normal and should go away in a few weeks!

The weekend before our appointment I was off and Brad was working so I made an unexpected trip to my parents in OKC. I got to see my precious nephew Friday and Saturday and Madeline and Macy came over on Saturday. It was too short of a time to see them all but I got to see them and that is all that mattered. I love those kids like they are my own and we have so much fun playing. I love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!

Brad's parents came the day after our appointment to help Brad fix his truck. Brad got in a wreck SEVERAL months ago, and we have both just never had the time to find a bumper or get his truck fixed, but his parents came to the rescue. It took Brad and his dad ALL day to fix it but it looks AWESOME!! I lost Brad in traffic the other day because his bumper looked just like everyone elses. Thank you so much to Bill and Barbara for taking the time to find the parts and come up here to fix it!! You don't know how much we appreciate it!! And a special thank you to Barbara for doing every bit of our laundry that day and even ironing our clothes!! That was much appreciated!!

I have gotten a wonderful unexpected day off of work today because of the weather!! It is so cold and I don't think I could bare to go outside, but luckily I don't have too!! Our company closed our store early yesterday and early today before I even had to go in and I am off the next two days for my regular days off! It is going to be so nice!! All I seemed to get done today was take a nap, so hopefully I can take advantage of the next two days and get our house cleaned!!

Hope everyone is doing wonderful! Stay warm and stay safe!! Our next appointment is on February 16th, but I will keep you updated before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment